Social Work (B.A.S.W.)

To be a social worker, one must have a degree in social work from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). SU’s Social Work Undergraduate Program, accredited since 1974, prepares graduates through the use of both standard classroom study and practical field experience. The latter, which is critical to social work education, is provided in social agencies throughout the area to provide seniors with the "hands on" experience necessary to develop entry level skills.

Graduates of the program are awarded a Bachelor of Arts in Social Work (BASW).

For more information, visit Salisbury's Social Work Program page.