The following scholarships are offered through USMH or external opportunities. You must apply to each scholarship separately. Our local Washington County community and alumni ambassadors are thoughtful donors who want to provide for the next generation of USMH graduates.
Remember: If you are seeking traditional financial aid, you must apply through the institution to which you are accepted. If you want to apply for a scholarship, these are separate, individual applications from the items below. To see how to apply for financial aid through your university, visit the financial aid page.
Awards for the 2023-2024 academic year consist of scholarships for students who are rising juniors or beyond and who are working toward a bachelor’s or graduate degree at USMH. Requirements include: A GPA of a B or better, junior status or 64 credits completed, a complete and timely application including all points listed below. Awards may be renewed twice. The awards may be used for tuition, fees, books or supplies and will be paid to the registrar of the USMH institution the awardee attends. All application materials must be submitted by April 15 each year to the USMH reception office.
Scholarship applications are available online:
- Click here to access the USMH application.
- Click here to access the USMH / FSU Physician Assistant student application.
2022 USMH Scholarship Recipients
Maryland State Scholarship resources
- University System of Maryland Scholarships
- University System of Maryland: Financial Aid Resources
- USM Women's Council
- Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) "student success with less debt"
Several industries related to programs offered at USMH have scholarships tailored for students within that field.
Hospitality & Tourism Management:
- David Ebrahimzadeh Scholarship
- Dr. J. Elmer Harp Family Memorial Scholarships & Gloria M. "Stretch" Grossnickle Scholarship Fund
- Karen C. and A. Wells Ridenour Nursing Scholarship Fund
- Washington County Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Scholarship