One of the major challenges that our students experience is a lack of financial resources when they transfer to a four-year institution. USMH offers scholarships and access to financial assistance to deserving students enrolling in programs offered by partner institutions on the USMH campus.
The following scholarships are offered through USMH or external opportunities. You must apply to each scholarship separately. Our local Washington County community and alumni ambassadors are thoughtful donors who want to provide for the next generation of USMH graduates.
Remember: If you seek traditional financial aid, you must apply through the institution to which you are accepted. If you want to apply for a scholarship, these are separate, individual applications from the items below. To see how to apply for financial aid through your university, visit the financial aid page.
NEW! USMH Inspire Scholarship
The University System of Maryland at Hagerstown, a higher education regional center in Downtown Hagerstown, is pleased to announce the introduction of the USMH Inspire Scholarship. This unique scholarship opportunity, valued at $250, is exclusively available to prospective students who visit the USMH campus and become enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student in a USMH program for the 2024-25 academic year.
The USMH Inspire Scholarship is a testament to our commitment to making higher education accessible and affordable to our community members and aims to reward prospective students who take the time to experience firsthand the unique educational environment of the USMH campus.
To be eligible for the USMH Inspire Scholarship, students must:
- Attend an open house (our next one is March 5, 2024) OR schedule and attend a campus visit between September 1, 2023 and April 15, 2024.
- Register your visit by checking in upon arrival AND by completing the Inspire Scholarship application by April 15, 2024.
- Be accepted by one of our USM partner universities and enrolled full-time in a program lead on the USMH campus for the 2024-25 academic year.
The USMH Inspire Scholarship funds will be dispersed directly to the recipient's university student account upon enrollment verification.
Awards for the 2024-25 academic year consist of scholarships for rising juniors or beyond students working toward a bachelor’s or graduate degree at USMH.
a GPA of a 'B' or better
minimum of a Junior status
- Submit a fully completed application with all required materials
Awards may be renewed twice and may be used for tuition, fees, books, or supplies and will be paid to the registrar of the USMH institution the awardee attends. All application materials must be submitted by April 15 each year.
Scholarship applications are available online (from December 15 through April 15):
2023 USMH Scholarship Recipients
Maryland State Scholarship resources
- University System of Maryland Scholarships
- University System of Maryland: Financial Aid Resources
- USM Women's Council
- Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) "student success with less debt"
- MHEC MDCAPS (College Aide) applications portal
Several industries related to programs offered at USMH have scholarships tailored for students within that field.
Hospitality & Tourism Management:
- David Ebrahimzadeh Scholarship
- Dr. J. Elmer Harp Family Memorial Scholarships & Gloria M. "Stretch" Grossnickle Scholarship Fund
- Karen C. and A. Wells Ridenour Nursing Scholarship Fund
- Washington County Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Scholarship